"The SANTA MARIA"
"La Santa María de la Inmaculada Concepción" or "La Santa María", was the largest of the three ships used by Christopher Columbus in his first voyage. She ws launched in 1460.
This product is no longer in stock
|By Timeframe||From pioneers to 1915|
|By Operator||SPANISH NAVY|
|By Model||Nina, Pinta y Santa Maria|
|By Illustrator||Mike FULLER|
Her master and owner was Juan de la Cosa. he Santa María was built in Pontevedra, Galicia, in Spain's north-west region. The Santa María was probably a medium-sized nau (carrack), about 58 ft (17.7 m) long on deck, and according to Juan Escalante de Mendoza in 1575, the Santa Maria was "very little larger than 100 toneladas" (about 100 tons, or tuns) burthen, and was used as the flagship for the expedition.